Mediation Central will host MCLE Lunch and Learn for ALL LAWYERS on our NEW DATE
Thursday, 7th August 2014
Obtain 1 MCLE point plus lunch in one session!
1 x 1 hour seminar = 1 MCLE Point
Lunch included $89 (incl. GST)
12:45 pm Registration
1:00 – 2:00 pm
The Fragility of Legal Professional Privilege
• How legal professional privilege (client legal privilege) can inadvertently be lost;
• What are the risks involved in making reference to legal advice?
• The potentially precarious status of legal professional privilege in relation to advice given by in-house counsel;
• The risks inherent in relying upon common interest privilege;
• The risks involved in putting one’s client’s state of mind in issue in proceedings.
Presented by: Mark Friedgut, Barrister, 2nd Floor Selborne Chambers
Previously a barrister (advocate) in Johannesburg, South Africa, Mark has also practiced as a partner in a South African firm of solicitor and as a litigator with Freehills in Sydney. Mark practices primarily in the equity, commercial and corporate fields, and also has extensive experience in defamation. He has appeared in significant representative proceedings, and has acted in constitutional disputes in the Federal and High Courts. Mark has had articles published in The Law Society Journal, The Journal of the NSW Bar Association, De Rebus, The Gazette of Law and Journalism, and The Sydney Morning Herald.